TREVOR's PLAN - Fighting for Social Security - Get the facts
Your contribution of $25, $50, or more will spread this message to voters. Every $250 allows us to purchase one running of the ad on local networks.
1. Trevor's plan will eliminate tax breaks for companies that move jobs overseas and instead provide tax incentives to companies that create jobs here.
2. Mr. Pestka voted against allowing federal funding for stem cell research. See H.R. No. 253 (January 26, 2000).
3. Trevor will fight for the middle class by holding the line on middle class taxes, fighting to preserve Social Security and Medicare, and working to create new jobs in Michigan.
4. Mr. Pestka told the Grand Rapids Press that he opposes a woman's right to choose, even in cases of rape and incest. Grand Rapids Press, October 29, 2002.
5. Trevor will fight to protect Social Security - his parents, like his grandparents before them, use Social Security as their lifeline, especially after cuts to their auto pensions. He will fight efforts to privatize Social Security or cut benefits or raise the retirement age for everyone who has payed into the system.
6. Mr. Pestka received a 0% rating from Planned Parenthood and a 100% rating from Michigan Right to Life.
7. Trevor is pro choice, and he's received the endorsements of Jennifer Granholm, Planned Parenthood, the National Organization for Women. He will never waver in his support for a woman's right to choose and women's access to health care.
8. Mr. Pestka once told the Grand Rapids Press that he "could have easily become a Republican," and his voting record bears this out: from stem cell research to a woman's right to choose to environmental issues, Pestka has too often voted with Republicans and against core democratic values. Grand Rapids Press, October 29, 2002.
9. Trevor is the only candidate with a comprehensive jobs and policy plan laying out exactly what his top priorities are for Congress.
10. Trevor has never forgotten where he came from: his parents worked over 30 years on the lines at GM so he could be the first in his family to go to college, and he'll fight for people like his family who have worked hard and played by the rules.
"It’s time for us to return to the values of Jerry Ford, who put politics aside to do what was best for our country. My parents’ generation helped put the world on wheels and furniture in our living rooms. Now it is our time to stand up and fight for Michigan families to ensure they get a fair shake."
- Trevor Thomas